Because of the global water crisis, 2.2 billion people lack access to clean, safe water. Around the world, kids like you walk more than three miles to collect water every day. Oftentimes, this water makes them too sick to play or attend school.
You can help us change their stories by becoming a Walk superhero. When you give to Water Mission and participate in the Walk for Water, you help provide safe water for kids around the world. Together, we can fight the global water crisis and walk, so others don’t have to.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO LEARN WHY WE WALK
BECOME A WALK FOR WATER SUPERHERO!*
- Host a lemonade stand. Create your own flyers and posters, and ask your parents to share about your lemonade stand on social media.
- Bake sale or yard sale. Clean out your closet and sell toys that you no longer play with at a yard sale. If you like to bake, consider selling cookies or muffins, too. Put posters up around your community and have your parents share details on social media or community boards.
- Play a concert. If you are musical and have friends who are, too, host a concert in your neighborhood, at your church, or even on Zoom. Tell your friends and family about your event, and sell tickets at the door or use a cash app.
- Pre-Walk challenge. Ask friends and family to sponsor each mile of your Walk and to give you cash or a check that can be sent to Water Mission.
- Ask your church or teachers if you can share about the Walk for Water.
- Invite your friends to Walk with you when you see them at church, school, or around your neighborhood.
When you arrive at the Walk, bring your completed superhero checklist to the Kids Area and receive a limited edition Walk button.
*The superhero checklist and activities are ideal for kids ages 8 and up.